Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The real internet, is long gone.
(08-23-2022, 02:02 AM)Brotherman Wrote: I remember before the internet as a wee young little bastard my elementary school teacher had a colleague teacher in England that taught the same grade (I believe was 4th grade) and she used to make our class have a pen pal in the British teachers class room. We used to write letters and send pictures back and forth for that school year. My pen pals name was Glenn. After that year we kept writing each other until he was able to get AOL IM to work. Never wrote another letter to England since then.

It is odd that when considering all the benefits that writing with a pen/pencil would bring to generations strange to this
way of communicating, the media and the education-system do not promote it.

One can only wonder -when thinking about all the crap that is posted through our doors made of paper, the mass-use of
electricity to charge and maintain laptops and cell-phones, the concerns of lower-communication skills through hand-writing
and the basic distancing that's taking place between us due to the lack of real personal contact... why it hasn't been pushed.

Then again, a sealed letter is far different from an electronic message sent via a conduit under the control of a Government
-affiliated private company.
tinywondering
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 

Messages In This Thread
The real internet, is long gone. - by MisterSpock - 08-21-2022, 07:45 AM
RE: The real internet, is long gone. - by kdog - 08-21-2022, 08:26 AM
RE: The real internet, is long gone. - by BIAD - 08-21-2022, 08:56 AM
RE: The real internet, is long gone. - by Snarl - 08-21-2022, 05:13 PM
RE: The real internet, is long gone. - by BIAD - 08-23-2022, 09:08 AM