Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The real internet, is long gone.
I'm starting to realize that none of this matters anymore. The online discourse, the "last stand" that some of us are making is just kicking and screaming while the last of the air leaves the lungs. Not a comment on anything here, just the rest of the world(internet). I remember the birth of all this, the BBS boards, dialing into a number you got out of a magazine or from a friend. Conversing with a very select few with the means(intellect) to give this all a go and truly reach across the world to find others like themselves, or unlike, to exchange information and truly broaden themselves. It's all gone, it was great and now it's literally nothing but a soulless husk of what was once a great entity. I miss those old days, not for what they were, but for the future that laid ahead, they were bright, Now, the future is anything but that.

I blasted this out in the chat, but thought some would like a thread, I know I'm not alone in having "been there" when this was all so fresh, so exciting and so amazing. The future was so bright......then you blink and here we are.

Messages In This Thread
The real internet, is long gone. - by MisterSpock - 08-21-2022, 07:45 AM
RE: The real internet, is long gone. - by kdog - 08-21-2022, 08:26 AM
RE: The real internet, is long gone. - by BIAD - 08-21-2022, 08:56 AM
RE: The real internet, is long gone. - by Snarl - 08-21-2022, 05:13 PM
RE: The real internet, is long gone. - by BIAD - 08-23-2022, 09:08 AM