Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
As The World Turns
(08-19-2022, 07:59 PM)BIAD Wrote: The slow weakening of one's enemy rarely involves bullets, merely words placed in a certain order and
spoken with conviction. Truth... well, that's something that belongs to the adults who believe their youth
will grow out of this dangerous silliness.
tinywondering

Yep, I would say your first line is very true. I believe that is what you call a true "spell." I remember back in 2008 when I was working for big tech and often saying to fellow co-workers that I hope this Facebook thing is just a fad and will quickly die, otherwise with smartphones (the albatross I was working on at the time) it's going to doom society. The following year along comes Twitter (my son got kicked off the school basketball team because of it) and I thought damn we are doomed and here we are 10+ years later in a new alternate reality.

“Words have the power to destroy or heal. When words are both true and kind, they can change our world.” ― Buddha

"It is becoming harder and harder to know what is true."
― Lex Fridman

Secret Spells of the English Language (2.5 min clip)
"The New World fell not to a sword but to a meme." – Daniel Quinn

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that." ― John Lennon

Rogue News says that the US is a reality show posing as an Empire.

Messages In This Thread
As The World Turns - by EndtheMadnessNow - 08-19-2022, 06:27 PM
RE: As The World Turns - by BIAD - 08-19-2022, 07:59 PM
RE: As The World Turns - by EndtheMadnessNow - 08-20-2022, 03:16 AM
RE: As The World Turns - by NightskyeB4Dawn - 08-19-2022, 08:13 PM