Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I think there may be hope yet
(08-11-2022, 09:53 PM)ChiefD Wrote: I couldn't agree with you more! It's really difficult for you and I to swim against the tide like this. I have days where I feel hope, and there are days when I feel really discouraged at how divided everyone is. I may take a break from here and ATS to get my equilibrium back. I've been spending more time on Reddit where people are a little more balanced. I don't want to be in a bubble or echo chamber, but I think I need to spend more of my time away from the right. It has become toxic to my mental health. At 58, life is too short for me to be hurting myself like this. I am a strong person, and certainly am not triggered nor politically correct. I don't need a safe space. I just need a little more sanity for my mental health. I have had chronic, sometimes debilitating depression for over 30 years. I can tell when I'm starting to sink into the abyss, and I can feel myself being dragged down. 

I'm just feeling disrespected and like nobody gives a shit. I have been thinking that I need to stop caring so much. I will change to an attitude where I don't give a shit either. Peace out.

I don't know a lot about Reddit. I couldn't get into it, mainly because I found them anything but balanced. Ideology or mentally, unbalanced seemed to be an accurate description of Reddit, for me. Maybe I was looking in the wrong place.

I understand how you feel though. I am always the odd one out. I don't understand the Democrat vs Republican bipartisan hatred. It is like handing someone a nickel, and telling them it only has value if it is heads up or tails down.

I really don't see much difference between the supposed Left vs Right way of thinking either. Most people I know on both sides are sitting towards the middle. The further from the middle you get to each side, the closer you get to the two extremes, that will change position every time you turn around.

I don't let the folk on the internet upset me that much, as long as the people in my life and community remain civil and lawful, I don't really care who that vote for, sleep with, read, watch, drink or smoke.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

Messages In This Thread
I think there may be hope yet - by ChiefD - 08-07-2022, 07:33 PM
RE: I think there may be hope yet - by Snarl - 08-08-2022, 04:17 AM
RE: I think there may be hope yet - by Ninurta - 08-08-2022, 04:44 AM
RE: I think there may be hope yet - by Ninurta - 08-11-2022, 06:02 AM
RE: I think there may be hope yet - by ChiefD - 08-11-2022, 09:53 PM
RE: I think there may be hope yet - by NightskyeB4Dawn - 08-11-2022, 10:19 PM
RE: I think there may be hope yet - by Ninurta - 08-11-2022, 11:26 PM
RE: I think there may be hope yet - by Snarl - 08-29-2022, 04:15 PM
RE: I think there may be hope yet - by Snarl - 08-31-2022, 03:21 PM