Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I think there may be hope yet
(08-11-2022, 03:28 AM)DuckforcoveR Wrote:
(08-08-2022, 04:17 AM)Snarl Wrote: Nothing drives climate more than the sun.  The sun is about 98% responsible for every temperature change here on Earth.  The other 2% is what kind of cloud cover there is on any given day ( and that's only a day-to-day thing at best ).

We don't need immigrants.  If you're talking about dirty jobs ... there needs to be a better financial interest developed to draw in people who will do the job.  If that raises costs to the consumer ... tough shit.

Illegals have no respect for law and order.  Ever see one pay taxes?
First of all, it's not "illegal", it's "undocumented ". My wife committed a misdemeanor by coming here in 2005, so do t wave your dog whistle bullshit by making it seem like you haven't traveled 5 MPH over going down the road. 

Second, yes, we bring immigrants in to do work that I may not classify as "beneath", but certainly low margin and necessary to keep people happy. Your financial interests comment is fine If most are happy paying 3X for produce, if you are in that camp then so be it. 

But stop with this "illegal" bullshit. Willing and able for the last 16 years to argue any point you think is intellectual regarding folks in America that were here centuries before most of you and any of your kind.

I couldn't agree with you more! It's really difficult for you and I to swim against the tide like this. I have days where I feel hope, and there are days when I feel really discouraged at how divided everyone is. I may take a break from here and ATS to get my equilibrium back. I've been spending more time on Reddit where people are a little more balanced. I don't want to be in a bubble or echo chamber, but I think I need to spend more of my time away from the right. It has become toxic to my mental health. At 58, life is too short for me to be hurting myself like this. I am a strong person, and certainly am not triggered nor politically correct. I don't need a safe space. I just need a little more sanity for my mental health. I have had chronic, sometimes debilitating depression for over 30 years. I can tell when I'm starting to sink into the abyss, and I can feel myself being dragged down. 

I'm just feeling disrespected and like nobody gives a shit. I have been thinking that I need to stop caring so much. I will change to an attitude where I don't give a shit either. Peace out.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=8180]

Messages In This Thread
I think there may be hope yet - by ChiefD - 08-07-2022, 07:33 PM
RE: I think there may be hope yet - by Snarl - 08-08-2022, 04:17 AM
RE: I think there may be hope yet - by Ninurta - 08-08-2022, 04:44 AM
RE: I think there may be hope yet - by Ninurta - 08-11-2022, 06:02 AM
RE: I think there may be hope yet - by ChiefD - 08-11-2022, 09:53 PM
RE: I think there may be hope yet - by Ninurta - 08-11-2022, 11:26 PM
RE: I think there may be hope yet - by Snarl - 08-29-2022, 04:15 PM
RE: I think there may be hope yet - by Snarl - 08-31-2022, 03:21 PM
RE: I think there may be hope yet - by Ninurta - 08-11-2022, 06:08 AM
RE: I think there may be hope yet - by Brotherman - 08-11-2022, 11:17 AM