Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Something Is Going On Here. We Should Be Very Worried For Our Children.
(08-06-2022, 06:58 PM)Ninurta Wrote:
(08-06-2022, 04:01 PM)wtbengineer Wrote: I agree with what you say here, flat effect I think describes what he showed pretty well.  And yeah, he's a piece of shit that didn't feel any remorse for what he did to her.  I just kept thinking how can these cops treat the guy so good?  I know they have to be careful about that but if I were one of those guys I'd have had a hard time with that.

I would say the detectives have been doing this for a long time, and have learned what works. Everything they said and did in that interrogation was geared towards collecting evidence and extracting a confession. It LOOKED like they were treating him well, but it was supposed to. If an outsider observer sees that, then the suspect himself will also see it that way, and will be more cooperative. They just didn't want him to clam up, which is what he would have done if they had gone hard against him... and that would have made their job of collecting evidence 10x harder.

They "empathized" with him, gave him bullshit excuses to explain the horrific things he did, and "humanized" him in his own eyes to draw out the confession. They made him think that THEY thought it was perfectly reasonable to occasionally eviscerate a loved one through their bodily orifices - I mean, sometimes a guy just can't help himself, right? And, after all, he's just one of the guys here in this room - we're all men, we all think the same way... He wasn't guilty of horrific crimes, he was just being human, y'know? Here, have another water. Confession is a thirsty business...

Yes, I know that's what they do and I understand why.  I just don't know if I could have done it like those guys did in this case.  Those guys were good!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Something Is Going On Here. We Should Be Very Worried For Our Children. - by wtbengineer - 08-07-2022, 05:36 AM