Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Skewed Demographics in Prime Time Broadcast TV Commercials
(07-23-2022, 04:25 AM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote:
(07-23-2022, 03:58 AM)Michigan Swamp Buck Wrote: I can see your point on a global market scale, but then again, I don't think these commercials would fly in China or India, the two most populated places on Earth, or Saudi Arabia, or North Korea. They weren't intended for a global market, they were made to be broadcast in the states. Again. my question stands, why alienate 90+% of their viewership? It isn't going to help sell their product or service to do that, so I am left to wonder, what are they really selling?

I don't think hey are alienating 90+% of their veiwership.

They are not marketing to you or I. They already have us where they want us. And they know that we will bitch and complain, and still run off and buy their products without giving a single thought to where or how that money is used.

Look at Disney, look at the other entertainment markets, the schools, or any other venue for that matter. 

They don't care what we say when it comes to what we want to see, or what we want our children to be exposed to, they very openly and blatantly, tell us it is going to be our way, period.

They know we have been kowtowed, and we talk big on the internet, do nothing, and keep handing them our money.

In Norway a woman is being threatened with jail time for saying men cannot be lesbians. Now you can say, well that isn't happening in America, but Chappelle had his show closed down just a few hours before it was due to start, because of the same reason. Censorship and speech control.

Advertising has always been about conditioning, mind control, and money.

Maybe they are putting more emphasis on conditioning and mind control, since they already control our money.

You have finally touched on one of the possible reasons "why"? I have three ideas of why this is going on, social conditioning is one and mind control is the method involved (as it is with any advertising).

During prime time they are definitely alienating their main audience in my rural area, so I disagree with you there. Everyone around here that I brought up this issue with, as well as many online, are pretty fed up with whatever it is they are trying to do by producing these commercials and presenting them like 90% of the population of the U.S. population is composed of affluent African Americans. The alienation of whites is obvious, I'd even say blatant and in your face literally.

They do care what their audience thinks about their commercials or they wouldn't invest so much money in their production and airing them in the higher cost prime time slot if they didn't. They hire these advertising professionals for big money and must know what advertising produces money and what doesn't once they have aired.

Also, they don't have me where they want me and I'm sure they don't have too many people in their grip if they have at least an average IQ, no matter the racial background. The types of products and services that they are selling aren't what I am buying, although I will have to do a detailed analysis of these commercials to be certain about that.

As far as woke companies like Disney or Net Flicks are concerned, they are finding out how badly this effects their bottom line and the saying "Get woke, go broke" is becoming pretty popular among the masses. They are failing big time with their marketing, Net Flicks is about to go under and is scrambling to correct that and Disney has lost a huge amount of their revenue in everything but park attendance because they are getting push back from people who are getting pissed at the BS they are pulling.

I'm sorry, but I'm not in too much agreement with your assessments, however, I thank you for giving me more to think about and consider.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Skewed Demographics in Prime Time Broadcast TV Commercials - by Michigan Swamp Buck - 07-23-2022, 01:01 PM