Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Skewed Demographics in Prime Time Broadcast TV Commercials
(07-23-2022, 03:36 AM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote:
(07-23-2022, 03:29 AM)Michigan Swamp Buck Wrote: I must add that other networks like MeTv and a couple of others are definitely targeting aging white people based on the lame ass commercials they are putting out and repeating over and over again.

I don't watch much TV, but in the area where I live, the emphasis seems to be on the LGBT community.

I think because their audience today is more global than local, they are targeting the market where they think they will get the most attention and profit.

I can see your point on a global market scale, but then again, I don't think these commercials would fly in China or India, the two most populated places on Earth, or Saudi Arabia, or North Korea. They weren't intended for a global market, they were made to be broadcast in the states. Again my question stands, why alienate 90+% of their viewership? It isn't going to help sell their product or service to do that, so I am left to wonder, what are they really selling?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Skewed Demographics in Prime Time Broadcast TV Commercials - by Michigan Swamp Buck - 07-23-2022, 03:58 AM