Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Shadow Walker - Jacob Carl Novak
(07-11-2022, 03:47 AM)Michigan Swamp Buck Wrote: I started working on this story about a year and a half ago. I've got a really good outline with a solid story. It is an obvious knock-off, but with far more character, direction and a good conclusion, more than what this story is based on.

It's my first serious attempt at a fictional story, I have the first chapter completed and am well into the second chapter. I have chapter one on line and will put up a new one about each month.

I just wanted some input on things like style, if keeps the reader's interest and makes you want to continue reading. Here is the preface below with a link to the first chapter.

Quote:Preface

Jacob Carl Novak, investigative journalist, is following a dark path in a quest to find solid evidence that supports his late uncle's unpublished files. Jake loves his uncle's stories and wants desperately to provide a logical conclusion to the unexplained cases. He is interested in facts in his reports, pursues a story where ever it may go and is a rather scruple less character that will do anything to investigate a story he's interested in. Jake will leave his old life behind and come to understand that not every case he investigates has a verifiable explanation. He is joined by a number of interesting characters in his quest for the truth that leads into the deepest darkness.

http://freeholdgv.com/BPPublishing/epres...Index.html

My thanks to anyone who may happen to read it.

Just out of curiosity, Is his uncle Carl's last name Kolchak? Was Carl's editor named Tony Vincenzo?

The only suggestion I would make so far is to move from the present tense to the past tense. it makes it sound less like a review and more like a novel if you do that.

Otherwise, sounds good!

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Shadow Walker - Jacob Carl Novak - by Ninurta - 07-11-2022, 05:19 AM