Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Elon Musk backs out of Twitter deal
(07-12-2022, 12:11 AM)EndtheMadnessNow Wrote: I respect your opinion, but aside from all the larps, memes, hate, bots to troll farms, disinfo of every kind, left/right paradigm & PsyWar propaganda up the butt, there is many very astute people on it from every subject/topic under the sun as well as people just like you. However, given all the 'noise' on the Interwebs I can understand why should I subject myself to even more noise and finding the likeminded niche group is a chore. I'm a nomad, a wanderer on Twitter and don't really follow anyone. I use it like you use Google search engine to find stuff and specific people.

As to Elon he's a tough nut to crack but one of his earlier avatars says it all. His favorite game.

It is not just Twitter. I have no interest in any of the social media platforms. The only place I post now a days is here on RN. I Lurk on ATS, and I support a couple of channels, people I know personally, and like, on YouTube and Patreon, but I really can't deal with the rudeness, the hate, the nasty, and hateful comments, that has become common place on the sites.

A friend shared a post with me from FaceBook, just the other day. It was a beautiful post thanking a young man that helped her out when he didn't have to. While most people had appropriate, encouraging, and nice things to say about the young man, there were several very nasty unnecessary comments made, mocking her for sharing his kindness, and mocking him for being neighborly and kind. Kindness and respect, has been replaced with nasty, rude, and hostile behaviors, and attitudes. This now the new "cool".

I just don't want, or need that kind of negativity in my life. I have seen posted, enough negative, hateful, and deceptive comments and material on Twitter, than I want to be a part of.

I am not saying all people that visit or participate in Twitter are contributors to the vitriol and dross, too often posted to Twitter. Some visit even though they too don't like much of what is posted there, but they are able to find what they are looking for, and some enjoy what they find on Twitter and the other social media sites.

I understand that, I have no problems with it, and I do not mean to offend anyone. It just has gotten old for me, and I try to avoid it if I can.

I guess that is what happens when you reach my age. But I haven't reached the point where I am chasing the kids off my grass yet. Okay, I dont get kids on my grass, but I get enough of my neighbors, cows, horses, and and donkeys roaming about, way too often. minusculebiggrin

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

Messages In This Thread
Elon Musk backs out of Twitter deal - by ChiefD - 07-08-2022, 11:12 PM
RE: Elon Musk backs out of Twitter deal - by NightskyeB4Dawn - 07-12-2022, 01:30 AM
RE: Elon Musk backs out of Twitter deal - by BIAD - 07-12-2022, 09:05 PM