Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Chipping Hands and Foreheads is SO 20th Century!
ID chips in the hand or forehead, the quintessential 1980's fear of the Slavish Followers of Revelations, is SO 20th Century! We live in a new day, a new age, and The Beast has updated his biometric ID scheme to be in line with the 21st Century,  so that you don't have to get any implants at all.

So, Premillenialists, was The Beast just faking you out back then so that you could buy and sell and "harm not the oil", while he was getting a whole 'nuther scheme in place?

Or is it just more likely that evil people are going to find the most up to date way to be evil, regardless of the age?

Bonus reel: if you run a version of Windows more recent than Windows 7, or a version of iOS, or Android, or a few others, you no longer own the computer YOU paid for - Microsoft, Apple, or Google own it. You just foot the bill for them. If you store any data in "the cloud", that is no longer YOUR data - someone else, whomever controls that cloud you use, owns it instead. In all cases, they can eliminate YOUR access to YOUR stuff at will.

"You will own nothing and be happy", anyone?

The cure? On PC's anyhow, Linux is the cure. While you can still install it, before Microsoft and Apple locks you out of your own hardware entirely, that is. I run a dual-boot system myself. I have both Windows 7 and Linux ("Zorin" flavor) installed on this machine, and use whichever I like that day. I chose Zorin because it has a desktop that mimics Windows 7 to a high degree, making it easier for folks already familiar with that OS. If you don't like that, however, Zorin has other desktop choices that may suit your needs better.

As the gent says in this video, you must be aware of your video card. I once picked up a broken PC from some trash at the side of the road, and the MBR was fried. Windows would not install on it any more, but Linux did, and that is how I fixed it. However, it had an Nvidia graphics card, and I had to hunt down the driver for that and do some programming at the system file to make it work, so that is not for the faint-hearted. If you can get a distro matching your hardware, it makes it so much easier.

Note: after Linux repaired thee MBR during installation, Windows would then install as well, on a separate partition. That's when I learned the joys of a dual-boot system.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
Chipping Hands and Foreheads is SO 20th Century! - by Ninurta - 06-01-2022, 04:18 AM