Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Yet Another School Shooting in Texas
(05-26-2022, 03:20 AM)Snarl Wrote:
(05-26-2022, 03:05 AM)Schmoe1 Wrote:
(05-26-2022, 02:43 AM)Snarl Wrote: Where did he get the money to buy the weapons?

Did they say the type of rifle used?  We all know M4-type rifles range from $500-$4,000+ last time I looked.  I think it's conceivable he bought it all himself.  I did pretty well for myself in high school during the summers when I worked on a tree removal crew.  I could've easily bought a few rifles, optics, and ammo.

Granted, I don't know anything about the shooter, if he worked at all or not.

Internet speculation I'm afraid.  I didn't see the official story anywhere ... and I doubt it'll be made public in a timely fashion.

Probably another fault on my part, but I don't see many kids working at all anywhere.  I had a real job when I was in HS too, but I was an exception.  There were only a handful of kids holding down meaningful work, but it wasn't a great place to grow up ... so I know my POV is severely jaded.

What I gathered from others was that he was unable to do this by himself.  Quite impressed by how his details (he's an adult) have been suppressed by the press.

ETA1:
Cost Claim of just over 2K.
ETA2:
Article above says he was unemployed.

Well you definitely make a great point.  Apparently he killed his grandmother, so I wonder if he lived with her and was robbing her blind.  If not, who indeed provided the money?
[Image: Green%20Banner.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
Yet Another School Shooting in Texas - by Schmoe1 - 05-25-2022, 06:43 AM
RE: Yet Another School Shooting in Texas - by Schmoe1 - 05-26-2022, 03:39 AM