Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4.86 Average
Merchandise and Food Shortages in a National Crisis
The better half and myself encountered some folks up at the road yesterday, they lost some cattle and were out tracking them down through the swamps. Our friend and his relatives down the road are helping with the search and we talked with him a little about food. He told us there is a new butcher shop starting up and the owner is someone he knows. He's getting us 10lbs of chicken from the butcher.

There's also a new farm nearby, about two or three years running with a market, we were right there when they opened and we are in with the owners. We are guaranteed eggs, chicken, beef and pork from the conversations we've had. We are on good terms with the local nursery owners as well. I just need to hook up with the Amish, haven't done that yet and they are the ones to get to know.

Networking is necessary, go out and get to know your neighbors and local market owners. You may find as I am finding, that they are like minded and trust worthy. Something else, since the pandemic, many of the local farmer's co-ops have closed. Now the nearest ones are some 20 miles away or more. It will become very costly to acquire feed grains and crop seed now. The local farmers and green house owners need to create some new co-ops to fill the void.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Merchandise and Food Shortages in a National Crisis - by Michigan Swamp Buck - 06-15-2022, 02:05 PM