Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4.86 Average
Merchandise and Food Shortages in a National Crisis
(05-23-2022, 08:52 AM)Bally002 Wrote: [quote pid='85610' dateline='1653234263']
@"Bally002"  I heard an enlightened Guru once said that before enlightenment comes the secret is to chop wood, fetch water! And the secret for when enlightenment has already come is to chop wood, fetch water ok! minusculebeercheers

Tick that box each day okay!

minusculebeercheers

@"OmegaLogos"

[/quote]

That explains a lot.

When I was a teenager, I chopped wood and fetched water. A lot. Hauled logs out of the forest by horse-power, or if the brush was too dense for a horse, then by Ninurta-power. Then we cut them into chunks and I split the chunks with a double-bitted axe. It warmed you 3 times that way - when you brought it out of the woods, when you split it, and finally when you burned it.

I fetched water 12 gallons at a time, in 1 gallon milk jugs tied into twos. I criss-crossed the binding ties of two pairs of jugs into an "X" so that I could carry 4 gallons in each hand, with 4 more over my shoulders, two draped across each shoulder. And I carried it like that for about a mile or so from the spring I got it from.

I was "enlightened" back then, from that...

... but then I got old, stopped doing it, and got all stupid again.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: Merchandise and Food Shortages in a National Crisis - by Ninurta - 05-23-2022, 06:32 PM