Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Will You Go Or Will You Stay?
(05-17-2022, 05:28 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: It looks like our numbers will be enough to keep us sane and sustained.

I learned to take advantage of community activities when I lived in Minnesota. I call Minnesota the "Festival State". I guarantee you that anything you can think off, Minnesota has a fair celebrating it. I spent ten times more time outside in Minnesota than I ever have here in Florida.

Though after looking around I found almost every small community has some kind of festival for celebrating something, at least once a month. A few weeks ago a local community had a "Bacon and Bourbon Fest". There is plenty to do locally, if you just look for it, you will find it.

I don't have any social media accounts, outside of RN. I will poke my head into ATS every once in a while to lurk, but it has lost its appeal for me. RN is my refuge and time killer, mostly at work. Being on call means you have to be awake, alert, and read, when that call comes in.

RN is very good distraction for me. It keeps my mind active, and makes me feel like I am doing something more than being a couch potato, just watching TV. If I had to give it all up, I would not feel the effect for very long, because there is just way too much to do. Though most of what I would like to do would not have me response ready. I would have to come in, shower, and dress, before I would be able to hit the road. I already live too far out, to risk that additional amount of response time. So I let RN stave off boredom and sleep.

My mother says that I can make a penny squeal. I admit that when it comes to myself, I am the world's greatest miser. Though I am extremely generous when it comes to others. There is no way on God's green Earth that I would pay any social media site, as much as one penny, a year.

That is just me.

We have lots of festivals around here, sometimes multiple festivals at the same time. Lots to do in the summer to stay busy, a lot of free outdoor concerts. The river front park is a busy place with festivals of every kind- I just get out of there waaay before dark because the freaks DO come out at night! 

There are festivals we wont be attending this year mainly because admission was free previously but this year many have decided to charge an entry fee. If food, drinks and parking weren't so outrageous already it wouldn't be such a big deal.
"As an American it's your responsibility to have your own strategic duck stockpile. You can't expect the government to do it for you." - the dork I call one of my mom's other kids
[Image: Tiny-Ducks.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Will You Go Or Will You Stay? - by Ninurta - 05-16-2022, 08:17 PM
RE: Will You Go Or Will You Stay? - by Ninurta - 05-16-2022, 11:00 PM
RE: Will You Go Or Will You Stay? - by Ninurta - 05-17-2022, 03:52 AM
RE: Will You Go Or Will You Stay? - by BIAD - 05-16-2022, 08:27 PM
RE: Will You Go Or Will You Stay? - by kdog - 05-16-2022, 09:55 PM
RE: Will You Go Or Will You Stay? - by beez - 05-16-2022, 10:25 PM
RE: Will You Go Or Will You Stay? - by Snarl - 05-16-2022, 11:08 PM
RE: Will You Go Or Will You Stay? - by beez - 05-17-2022, 12:49 AM
RE: Will You Go Or Will You Stay? - by ChiefD - 05-17-2022, 04:21 AM
RE: Will You Go Or Will You Stay? - by 727Sky - 05-17-2022, 04:38 AM