Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Will You Go Or Will You Stay?
(05-17-2022, 05:01 PM)GeauxHomeLittleD Wrote: I wont pay for social media. I only use it now to play games and video chat with the kids and grandkids but there are other apps we can use. Anything I can see on FB can be seen elsewhere. I don't use Twitter or Instagram. I think I still have a Parler and a Wimkin account but I'm not sure, quit messing with them because of dirty squirrels and scam artists inundating my inbox. 

So if the "pay to say" scenario comes into being I will do other fun stuff like gardening, reading, painting, wood burning, writing, crochetting, baking, etc. Heck, I even have a quilt top that needs quilting if I get energetic enough.

But I agree with Kdog- as long as I have some music going it's all cool!

It looks like our numbers will be enough to keep us sane and sustained.

I learned to take advantage of community activities when I lived in Minnesota. I call Minnesota the "Festival State". I guarantee you that anything you can think off, Minnesota has a fair celebrating it. I spent ten times more time outside in Minnesota than I ever have here in Florida.

Though after looking around I found almost every small community has some kind of festival for celebrating something, at least once a month. A few weeks ago a local community had a "Bacon and Bourbon Fest". There is plenty to do locally, if you just look for it, you will find it.

I don't have any social media accounts, outside of RN. I will poke my head into ATS every once in a while to lurk, but it has lost its appeal for me. RN is my refuge and time killer, mostly at work. Being on call means you have to be awake, alert, and read, when that call comes in.

RN is very good distraction for me. It keeps my mind active, and makes me feel like I am doing something more than being a couch potato, just watching TV. If I had to give it all up, I would not feel the effect for very long, because there is just way too much to do. Though most of what I would like to do would not have me response ready. I would have to come in, shower, and dress, before I would be able to hit the road. I already live too far out, to risk that additional amount of response time. So I let RN stave off boredom and sleep.

My mother says that I can make a penny squeal. I admit that when it comes to myself, I am the world's greatest miser. Though I am extremely generous when it comes to others. There is no way on God's green Earth that I would pay any social media site, as much as one penny, a year.

That is just me.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Will You Go Or Will You Stay? - by Ninurta - 05-16-2022, 08:17 PM
RE: Will You Go Or Will You Stay? - by Ninurta - 05-16-2022, 11:00 PM
RE: Will You Go Or Will You Stay? - by Ninurta - 05-17-2022, 03:52 AM
RE: Will You Go Or Will You Stay? - by BIAD - 05-16-2022, 08:27 PM
RE: Will You Go Or Will You Stay? - by kdog - 05-16-2022, 09:55 PM
RE: Will You Go Or Will You Stay? - by beez - 05-16-2022, 10:25 PM
RE: Will You Go Or Will You Stay? - by Snarl - 05-16-2022, 11:08 PM
RE: Will You Go Or Will You Stay? - by beez - 05-17-2022, 12:49 AM
RE: Will You Go Or Will You Stay? - by ChiefD - 05-17-2022, 04:21 AM