Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Will You Go Or Will You Stay?
(05-17-2022, 03:19 AM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: The mint and the rosemary are growing like weeds. I was trying to wait a bit for the potatoes, because it has been so dry, but I may just have to add them to the list of those that I have to water on schedule.

I've already killed one stand of rosemary this year, so I'm babying the other. My guess is that I over-watered the dead one, as rosemary seems not to get very thirsty and dislikes too much water.

Where I grew up, there was catnip growing all over the place, goosefoot, and an ancient bush of white sage, as well as both spearmint and peppermint growing wild along the creek bank. I went there last fall  and found the catnip and goosefoot, but hadn't taken the proper equipment to bring back whole plants, so I brought back some cuttings, which only survived for a month or a month and a half.

I could not get to the white sage bush because the jungle has taken the site over, and it would take me about a half a day to cut my way to it with a machete (which I also didn't have with me), and after all that I might have only found that it was dead, eaten by the jungle. So I didn't go far enough to look for it.

I found spearmint still growing wild there, but could not find the peppermint, which is what I was mostly after since I can get spearmint starts at Walmart in a pinch, but have not seen any peppermint there.

Since nothing else I have planted from seed has managed to sprout, I'm looking forward to an exciting career as a hallucinogenic tobacco magnate. Not a big call for that, but I have some Indian friends who are interested in getting their hands on some of it from me, so it's all good I reckon. It gives me something to do, keeps me off the streets and out of trouble.

There is a girl I was really close to in high school who is now a witch (the real kind, an "old mountain" witch, not the Barnes and Noble variety of pseudo-witch - she got it from her ma, who got it from her ma, etc... and now she has 3 daughters to follow) who grows all manner of her own stuff, so I'm weighing the possibility of getting some stuff from her in exchange for the tobacco, although she has already told me I can have anything out her garden I need. I just wouldn't feel right without leaving something in return.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: Will You Go Or Will You Stay? - by Ninurta - 05-16-2022, 08:17 PM
RE: Will You Go Or Will You Stay? - by Ninurta - 05-16-2022, 11:00 PM
RE: Will You Go Or Will You Stay? - by Ninurta - 05-17-2022, 03:52 AM
RE: Will You Go Or Will You Stay? - by BIAD - 05-16-2022, 08:27 PM
RE: Will You Go Or Will You Stay? - by kdog - 05-16-2022, 09:55 PM
RE: Will You Go Or Will You Stay? - by beez - 05-16-2022, 10:25 PM
RE: Will You Go Or Will You Stay? - by Snarl - 05-16-2022, 11:08 PM
RE: Will You Go Or Will You Stay? - by beez - 05-17-2022, 12:49 AM
RE: Will You Go Or Will You Stay? - by ChiefD - 05-17-2022, 04:21 AM
RE: Will You Go Or Will You Stay? - by 727Sky - 05-17-2022, 04:38 AM
RE: Will You Go Or Will You Stay? - by Chiefsmom - 05-21-2022, 04:30 AM