Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
DoorBell News
I don't have a door bell camera, because that would involve installing a door bell, and I find those devices tend to encourage visitors.

I DO, however, have several security cameras about the place. They catch pretty much everything coming and going, but have only caught a prowler once, at around 10 at night. I think he must have spread the word that I don't encourage visitors after sundown, since that was the last time anyone did any prowling about here.

Back in 2014, I was sitting out on the balcony enjoying the night air one fine evening when I heard two sharp cracks coming from next door immediately followed by two sets of feet rapidly crunching gravel in the drive way... and I could hear them making tracks and slapping pavement even out on the county road, hauling ass to get away. Apparently, a couple of fine young meth heads found out the old man who lived next door at the time had a gun collection stored in his garage, and thought they would just help themselves. He caught them on his camera, and unfortunately for them the garage was not the only place he stored guns. Rather than give them any warning, he just crept outside with his rifle and unexpectedly sent two rounds their way, and that was enough to convince them to vacate.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
DoorBell News - by NightskyeB4Dawn - 05-14-2022, 10:40 PM
RE: DoorBell News - by ChiefD - 05-14-2022, 10:47 PM
RE: DoorBell News - by Chiefsmom - 05-15-2022, 01:48 AM
RE: DoorBell News - by NightskyeB4Dawn - 05-15-2022, 03:11 AM
RE: DoorBell News - by Ninurta - 05-15-2022, 06:05 PM
RE: DoorBell News - by BIAD - 05-15-2022, 06:22 PM