Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Earth Day Special
I meant to post this yesterday.

Quote:The Earth Day Special (1990)

EA[R]TH [D]AY=[D]EATH [R]AY: https://www.nasa.gov/press-release/nasa-...hdayathome

with the "planet healing" & eco-celebs applauding depopulation of the poor like this malthusian 1970 poster its time to take a look back at the ABC[IA] 20th anniversary earth day special!

If you were born in the 80s this is a must-see just for star power alone, every cameo gets a wow--fresh prince, ice-t, heavy d, queen latifah, kid, play & tone loc rap against pollution, murphy brown reports on doogie howser caring for mother earth bette midler, meryl streep slides into ponytailed bartender kevin costner's dive. hoffman.... streisand.... E.T... even a married with children sketch! fucking bugs bunny is in this, boasting he was "at the first earth day" (know who else was?). can you imagine one of these made in our balkanized media conglomosphere today, itd be awkwafina & benedict cumberbatch introducing john mulaney or some other amateurhour shit--the breadth of this krusty-gets-kanceled parade of a-list unreality feels like the last gasp of a postwar superpower monoculture idealized & mobilized. but for what?
I'll get around to geller /SRI /russell targ another time (bobby fischer too) & btw if anybody knows tom bearden's relation to CIA media liason (meet the parents, charlie wilson's war) & suspected bin laden handler milt bearden lemme know cuz i cant find it, tho in a 1999 nyt editorial milton defends the taliban's refusal to hand over osama saying they have "no more obligation to extradite Osama bin Laden to the United States than, say, the French do in the case of Ira Einhorn" which was bizarre to find in a casual read (its quoted on bearden's wiki!) without specifically looking for ira content.)

::3. MKULTRA psi-doc andrija puharich engineered the murder as revenge for [???]

ira's mentor, who boasted he did "LSD work for the CIA," spent his life on the parapsychological fringes of amerikkkan intelligence. einhorn edited puharich's "beyond telepathy" and frequently visited his ossining, new york "turkey farm" where he trained a group of 20 psychic "star kids"* til it burned down in 1978 (they blamed CIA but cops suspected a "disgruntled psychic subject" - ira?)...
His usual lengthy review continues at link above.

Stars Dan Aykroyd, Candice Bergen, James Brolin. IMDB
"The New World fell not to a sword but to a meme." – Daniel Quinn

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that." ― John Lennon

Rogue News says that the US is a reality show posing as an Empire.

Messages In This Thread
The Earth Day Special - by EndtheMadnessNow - 04-23-2022, 07:46 PM
RE: The Earth Day Special - by BIAD - 04-24-2022, 09:52 AM
RE: The Earth Day Special - by Snarl - 04-24-2022, 03:23 PM
RE: The Earth Day Special - by hounddoghowlie - 04-24-2022, 04:09 PM
RE: The Earth Day Special - by Snarl - 04-25-2022, 01:25 PM
RE: The Earth Day Special - by hounddoghowlie - 04-25-2022, 01:35 PM
RE: The Earth Day Special - by Snarl - 04-25-2022, 01:58 PM
RE: The Earth Day Special - by hounddoghowlie - 04-25-2022, 02:16 PM
RE: The Earth Day Special - by Snarl - 04-25-2022, 02:30 PM