Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Boxing Harry and the mythology of the Full English Breakfast
(04-23-2022, 06:30 PM)DISRAELI Wrote: Oh, yes, throwing pre-sliced bread into the pan is very quick and convenient, which is part of the point. When commercial caterers add hash browns, chips etc they will certainly be using pre-packaged products out of the freezer. As for peeling and slicing fresh potatoes, that again misses the point of quickness and convenience.
I take it, then, that southern gentlemen never fell into the habit of getting up, making a pot of tea, and then taking their wives a cup of tea in bed, as my dad always used to do.

Nope, we never got in that habit. Matter of fact, I think that if Grace didn't outright slap me, she'd at least give me "the look" if I attempted to serve her tea in bed!

She's a Midwesterner rather than a Southerner, but seems to be acclimating nicely.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: Boxing Harry and the mythology of the Full English Breakfast - by Ninurta - 04-23-2022, 11:57 PM