Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Boxing Harry and the mythology of the Full English Breakfast
(04-23-2022, 11:30 PM)Bally002 Wrote: If I'm doing the fried bread thing I cut a hole in the slice and crack an egg into it. and separately fry the piece I cut out.  Flip the egg slice, then onto a plate with fried tomato and onions.  Bacon if it's in the fridge too.  Dabs of Worcestershire Sauce here and there.

Bally:)

"Bird in a nest"! I grew up on that. Had it for brunch about six weeks ago.

I grew up poor, not knowing it until I was fully grown. So when my Mother used to tell us that breakfast food was whatever you ate for breakfast, and dinner food was whatever food you ate for dinner. I just thought she was being edgy. I didn't realize until years later, that she was just feeding what she had available.

She was quite creative with meals, and we never went hungry. Her only rule about food was that you could not say you didn't like something, until you had given it an earnest try. If you ate it, and decided you didn't like it, she would not make you eat it. She just doled it out in equal amounts to those that did want it. And you just went hungry.

Over time this method helped me develop an acquired taste for many things I thought I did not like. Asparagus and beans, being at the top of that list.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Boxing Harry and the mythology of the Full English Breakfast - by NightskyeB4Dawn - 04-23-2022, 11:48 PM