Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
How They Are Going To Steal Our Homes
(05-16-2022, 09:15 PM)Ninurta Wrote: Blackrock and subsidiaries are buying it up. The bastards even found me.

I have a 34 acre patch of wilderness that I've had for decades. Way back when, when I was about 5 years old, my grandparents, who lived through the depression, saw this coming, and sold it to me for a dollar because at 5 years old, I didn't have great job prospects to handle ongoing mortgage payments. They didn't live on it any more, but it has two cabins that my grandfather built, and one of them is where my dad was born.

I have kept it all these decades to insure that if I ever had no place to go, I would have some place to go. It's my insurance policy. It is all grown up in timber now, most of it old growth original timber, but even the garden patch has huge trees growing out of it now.

Last week, I got a card in the mail from a land speculator subsidiary to Blackrock offering to buy it. Their selling point was "we'll pay all the taxes", and so I panicked, thinking they must have got the information off of a tax list for delinquent taxes. I couldn't recall paying last year's taxes on it.

A great ball of panic ensued. It is the ONE thing that anchors me to this planet. It's been in my family for around 200 years. The prospect of losing it over an oversight balled up big knots in my gut - I would suddenly REALLY have nowhere to go if I ever had nowhere to go.

So I got right on that shit. Turns out the taxes WERE paid, and all is well...

... except Blackrock wants it now. Part of the "you'll own nothing and be happy" agenda, I reckon.

They can kiss my ass. I ain't giving up my ace in the hole for nothing. it's entirely paid for - no mortgage hanging over my head, it's mine, and I will eliminate any attempted takeovers with extreme prejudice.

Game on.

Be very careful with that. I almost lost one of my houses that way. The whole time I was paying the mortgage the taxes were being paid by the bank. After I paid off the house, I did not stop to think about paying the taxes, because I never got a tax bill.

The Holy Spirit was looking out for me, because one day I was sitting at my computer and the Holy Spirit told me to look up the house. I had never done that before and didn't really know that it could be done. I logged into the tax appraiser's website and found that my house was delinquent in taxes and some bank was holding the certificate, and they could make claim on in less than thirty days.

I freaked. I called the tax appraiser's office and asked them how that was possible. I told them I never received a bill. They told me they did not send bills to accounts that were already paid, and for the last three years my taxes had been paid.

I went down to the tax office the very next day an paid all the back taxes, so the bank only got its money back with interest. But that is how I found out the hard way that there are wolves everywhere.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

Messages In This Thread
RE: How They Are Going To Steal Our Homes - by NightskyeB4Dawn - 05-16-2022, 09:46 PM