Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Would you stay and fight for America ?
(03-23-2022, 09:09 AM)727Sky Wrote: Unfortunately those who are not interested in war will have a rude awakening when they finally realize war is interested in everything and everyone.

I always wanted to ask you (directly) about killing.  Do pilots wrack up scores the way us Legs do?  I know you guys paint pictures of the other guy's airplanes near the noses of your birds ... sometimes pictures of bombs ... but do you ever (try to) account for the actual numbers? Divvy it up so-to-speak? I would give you the benefit of the doubt, as a gentlemen, that you don't. But, I've always been curious.

I don't know why or when I started thinking about this.  It was a long time ago out in some forgotten shithole.  Teams I was with ... we were surgeons ... and the dr.'s notes we posted were always great in detail.  I remember an epiphany during a BDA we were assigned to as a secondary.  No idea what was in the sky, but we wound up having to estimate the body-count, the stench and the absolute carnage made it impossible to do otherwise.

Pilots and artillerymen.  Scariest numbers for sure.
'Cause if they catch you in the back seat trying to pick her locks
They're gonna send you back to Mother in a cardboard box
You better run!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Would you stay and fight for America ? - by Snarl - 03-23-2022, 11:15 AM