Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Would you stay and fight for America ?
(03-22-2022, 08:28 PM)Snarl Wrote: Depends on what 'the survivors' did to survive?

I don't consider myself a tyrant.  Never had all that much 'power' over others for it to go to my head.  I would never mess with anyone's family or anyone's paycheck ... if they 'earned' their pay.

That said, I don't believe everyone 'deserves' an equal voice in all things.  Sometimes decisions belong to the people who have actually 'earned' them.  The loss of that status is why we find ourselves in the predicament we're in.  Buying something ain't the same as earning something.  And, I'm pretty sure everyone takes it as a given that our politicians are mostly bought and paid for (whether they're 'on our side' or not).  I think 97% of people showing up on the ballot as a candidate for office are corporate sponsored.  And, 100% of office holders are corporate sponsored.

If I found myself in charge, the first thing I'd have to 'put to a vote' is removing citizenship status from anyone who won't obey the law.  I don't think the dirtbags living in tents on a homeowner's yard should retain their citizenship.  People who are drug addicted ... and ... are a continuous burden on society.  Violent felons.  It's common sense these people should be formally stripped of their citizenship.

And non-citizens ... they do anything to any member of society and they're marched to the nearest exit (hopefully a nice long shoreline) and given the boot.  Not my problem.

You get a violent felon, throw him in jail, he's a model prisoner, he gets out, he's stripped of his citizenship, becomes a contributing member of society, re-earns his citizenship (and subsequently all of his rights) ... and you've got a better society.  Not some welfare state.

Something like that can be hashed out properly by people far smarter'n me.  People who won't let a two-tiered justice system exist.  How much better off would we be if dirtbags like the Clintons were simply stripped of their citizenship?  Bill the philanderer?  Hillary and her classified e-mail server?  People who believe in the absolute swiftness of Justice.  None of this postponement of a trial ... while they're living the life of Riley.

That's an America I would stand and fight for.

Everyone has their own idea of utopia. I smile to myself every time I hear people talking about going to heaven. The idea most people have of heaven, is this beautiful city in the sky where everyone lives in peace, harmony, and love.

I have never had anyone describe or draw their view of a heaven, where I would want to spend eternity. What they see as pastoral, beautiful, and peaceful, does not raise up feelings of eternal bliss, for me. Same with our individual expectations and desires for the best that America can be.

What you suggest putting into place may be your idea of a better America. Everyone will not agree. As the oldest of ten children, I have a long history with the challenges faced when trying to make sure everyone gets what they want. Personally, I have never seen that occur. We have always come to an agreement, and settled for happy mediums, but better for one, usually always means worse for the other.

One of the reasons I have trouble being a member of a clique, or an exclusive club, it that I believe you can't judge individuals by grouping them into categories. Everyone has a story. Everyone has a journey. If you have not lived their life or walked their path, it is easy to come away with a lot of faulty data.

I am not saying that anything you said is wrong. I am saying that for a lot of people it may not be right. That is why I believe the Constitution is a good foundation. It has already lived through many mistakes we have made in the past, and is a good map for leading us in the future.

Just my thoughts and opinions. And we both know what they are worth.
minusculebeercheers

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Would you stay and fight for America ? - by NightskyeB4Dawn - 03-22-2022, 08:56 PM