Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Scottish Police Chief apologises.
(02-22-2022, 05:15 AM)Bally002 Wrote: I hope this works.  Wondering if Gordi knows this bloke!

The Chief Apologises - Scot Squad - BBC Scotland Comedy

In a time of apologies this cracked me up and very clever.

Kind regards,

Bally:)

hehe

ScotSquad is a bit "hit'n'miss" but I do quite like that character.
I can assure fellow rogues that this is not (quite) how bad things have actually got here in Scotland... yet!

But Aberdonians deserve everything that's coming to them!!!!!   tinylaughing

G out.

***Quick Edit to add:
In World Stereotypes... The Scots are often portrayed as being "careful" (tight) with money.
But In Scotland... Aberdonians are specifically regarded as being "careful" (tight) with money.
And, In Aberdeen itself... residents of Peterhead are regarded as being "careful" (tight) with Money.

My favourite tale of such frugality came in the form of a telephone conversation between a Widow from Peterhead, and a reporter from the local newspaper "The Evening Express".

Widow: Hello, I'd like to place an obituary for my late husband, can you tell me the cost please?
Reporter: Yes madam, it's five pounds per word for obituaries.
Widow: Oh my! That's a bit expensive... I only have twenty pounds... uhm... You'd better just put this: "Ian Reid, Peterheid, Deid" (*translates as: Ian Reid, Peterhead, Dead.)
Reporter: Oh madam, that seems a little bit.... erm... abrupt... let me talk to the editor to see what we can do, and I'll call you right back.
Later:
Reporter: Hello Mrs Reid. Good News, my editor has agreed to give you three extra words included in the price, to help with your late husbands obituary.
Widow: Oh thank you, thank you very much! If you could just put this then:
"Ian Reid, Peterheid, Deid. - Volvo For Sale! - "

minusculebeercheers
[Image: CoolForCatzSig.png]

Messages In This Thread
Scottish Police Chief apologises. - by Bally002 - 02-22-2022, 05:15 AM
RE: Scottish Police Chief apologises. - by gordi - 02-24-2022, 10:55 AM
RE: Scottish Police Chief apologises. - by BIAD - 02-24-2022, 11:46 AM
RE: Scottish Police Chief apologises. - by gordi - 02-24-2022, 01:23 PM