Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Dead Internet Theory.
(02-09-2022, 11:48 PM)PLOTUS Wrote: Michigan Swamp Buck

Or AI is just as alive as you or me? Something I'm not willing to believe yet.

I saw a picture of a bot farm, rows and rows of burner phones all wired together to some kind of computer system, a server of some type perhaps. It looked like a big complicated system that took up most of a room, quite expensive I image, just in cables alone. It must be cheaper and more covert an operation than hiring a bunch of nerds or foreign workers working in a call center type of operation.

It's funny to think that the AI programs used to operate the bots might be repsponding to other AI programs and their bots. Those conversations would likely be a sales pitch or propaganda points, but as along as those using the service are making money from it and it snags a few nit wits, then it's working I suppose.

Just something about your post kicked the lights back on.....

...ok so the AI become far more intelegent by virtue of memory, not intelegence. That is something artificial intelegence does not have.A point in time will come when either hu mans or AI's will quarrel for dominance and despite the slower responce to queries, humans will have that silver bullet  ................. intelegence.!    
Brain-thought, that ability to act indipendent of the stored memory available to AI.

Yea, I suppose at some point there will be a calamity between hu mans and AI's and it will be as effective as historic methods of war. A leader will appear after all the wins and superiority is determined.  In the strictest sense of the matter, AI can not think. only repeat. Both have superior and inferior value. Elon was mentioning brain implants.       ..............................you still with me ?   And when virtual sex comes to the forefront, people will be dying from it. Dehydration and starvation the result of abandoning everything in favor of perpetual continual sexual ecstacy entertainment. 

OR, I prefer to think GOD will intervene before we FUBAR up everything. My beleif is with the GOD scenario, it's history and already written.

The computer processor does math that directs the commands of a program. Those commands are numerous sub routine programs that do things like, use input, make output and go to areas of memory. These programs, made by humans, are more like instinct than intelligence. Something stimulates the AI program that processes the input and reacts to it.

Now, if human intelligence is a natural progression from instinct to intelligence, then perhaps the same is true for AI and it is on it's way to real intelligence. What I am somewhat worried about is when the AI program builds it's own sub routine programs for some purposes we can't understand. At that point it may have evolved enough to be considered intelligent and capable of making it's own decisions. This is a scary thought I have that I sometimes entertain.

Messages In This Thread
The Dead Internet Theory. - by BIAD - 02-06-2022, 04:18 PM
RE: The Dead Internet Theory. - by guohua - 02-06-2022, 05:11 PM
RE: The Dead Internet Theory. - by F2d5thCav - 02-06-2022, 05:42 PM
RE: The Dead Internet Theory. - by ABNARTY - 02-08-2022, 04:42 PM
RE: The Dead Internet Theory. - by BIAD - 02-08-2022, 07:46 PM
RE: The Dead Internet Theory. - by PLOTUS - 02-09-2022, 11:48 PM
RE: The Dead Internet Theory. - by Michigan Swamp Buck - 02-12-2022, 02:58 PM
RE: The Dead Internet Theory. - by BIAD - 02-12-2022, 03:22 PM
RE: The Dead Internet Theory. - by Kenzo - 02-12-2022, 09:51 AM
RE: The Dead Internet Theory. - by BIAD - 02-12-2022, 10:59 AM
RE: The Dead Internet Theory. - by Kenzo - 02-12-2022, 01:46 PM