Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Hemp may help prevent Covid from entering human cells
(01-13-2022, 07:48 PM)Kenzo Wrote: Whoa....i did not know it was so much cheaper before, and that THC content  ca be so much higher now. 

Yeeh i was thinking.....im not paying anymore , even thought i like the product.

Is the plant same anymore now than they used decades ago ? I mean did they create all new versions, modifications  , genetic manipulation ?

Same plant as always, but it has been selectively bred to make new "varieties" to fulfill certain wants. Sort of like there are different breeds of dogs for different purposes, or different breeds of cattle depending on whether you raise them for meat or for milk. It's not really genetic manipulation, it's just selective breeding.

Now there are hundreds, or maybe thousands, of different varieties, all with crazy names. For example, I could, if I wanted to, get some seed for a variety called "Bubbleum OG". I don't want that seed, because I have no idea what it is. The name is not really very descriptive. Way back when, you could get "Mexican Green", Acapulco Gold", Columbian Gold", Panama Red", etc. You new what you were getting, there was a naming convention. Right there in the name it told you where it was from, and the color showed the strength of it. Green--> gold--> red in order of increasing strength.

No more. Now, with names like "Bubblegum OG", it sounds more like they are marketing it to kids instead off adults.

ETA: The color-coded naming convention followed the color of the bag contents, and apparently the THC content in those days - green--> gold--> red roughly equated to 2%--> 3%--> 4% THC content, and that was reflected in the pricing of a 1 ounce bag, at least where I was - $20--> $30--> $40--> per ounce. It was a simple, straightforward naming system. Streamlined. You didn't need a Phd in Cannabis Culture to figure it all out.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hemp may help prevent Covid from entering human cells - by Ninurta - 01-13-2022, 08:02 PM