Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
No Bathroom Wall out-lets or A/C!!??
(11-15-2021, 12:02 AM)guohua Wrote: @"BIAD" 
Is this True??
You don't have A/C in your homes or wall out-lets in your bathrooms?
Why would you have carpet in your bathroom, because your floors get cold in the winter?

...And then,,, Maybe I'm "Not The Full Ticket" at time.  smallroflmao

The posh blonde bimbo is correct, the majority of UK homes don't have air-conditioning because of the UK climate.
But she's missing the point, air-conditioning units can also provide heat as well as cool air, she just equates A/C with
hot climates in the US.

The original standards regarding electricity-safety in areas involving water are still a major discipline in the UK.
(I had to smile when this wine-bar trollop spoke about the size of homes in the US and the difference in sizes to
the UK... Isn't one these countries bigger than the other?!)

The comments of the narcissistic dickhead with the fake accent in the video in regards the 'tradition' of having carpet
in the toilet is only partially correct. Some older houses don't have carpets areas in their toilets and some do.
Newer homes are the same, it's a choice-thing!
(I see Ninurta's reply indicates this)

It's the same with the tap/faucet situation. Mixer-faucets are a fairly new appliance and the giggling champagne-sipper
is being deliberately obtuse to imply that separate taps evolving into mixer-taps was somehow negative. It's merely
a choice from accessibility and cost, something this Guardian-reader cannot appreciate.

No, you are incorrect, my dear Guohua... you are 'a full ticket', it's just that like most countries, the British assume their
standards are the same everywhere else. The silly chick in the video is actually describing nationalism and believing
by ridiculing it, she's somehow being intelligent.

In the proper circles that 'Miss-Result-Of-Yuppie-Sex' -here, pretends to belong to, wit is applied to an insult to suggest
a level of superior intellect from the person throwing the insult. It stems from the time of Imperialism (snobby people that
Mel Gibson kicked the shit out of in the movie 'The Patriot'!)

The idioms of the British are no different from other countries of the world. The US's vocabulary is littered with idioms,
just like many other nations. 'A dime a dozen' -You don't use the pound?!!!
tinybiggrin
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 

Messages In This Thread
No Bathroom Wall out-lets or A/C!!?? - by guohua - 11-15-2021, 12:02 AM
RE: No Bathroom Wall out-lets or A/C!!?? - by BIAD - 11-15-2021, 11:13 AM