Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Interesting topic for marriage with a woman
There seems to be a lot of truth in that video, some thing I had never considered. For example, I've never known an America to hook up with a Filippina and have the relationship survive beyond her getting her green card... but as the young lady says, that may be because they made the mistake of bringing them here, rather than staying over there.

I was involved, many years ago, with two Filipinas, cousins of each other. They decided they wanted me to kill their uncle, and to that end spun up some horrific cock and bull stories to attempt to influence me in that direction. I wasn't born yesterday, even back then, and pretty strongly suspected they just wanted him out of the way so they could take over his property, so the relationships ended. I'm not an assassin for hire. I don't end folks for money, not even love and money, not even love and money and a brand new Harley, and I'm not going to be anyone's patsy.

My second wife flat out told me the same thing as this young lady mentions - women are in it for the security. Yup, she just came right out and said it. A year or so after the divorce, she tried to get me to move back in and "shack up", for the companionship I suppose, but I wasn't buying. It may take me a long time to learn, but when I do, I learn that lesson well. The dismal years with her were not something I wanted to repeat.

The age differences she mention seem to have some validity as well. My first wife was 5 years younger than me, and it lasted about 8 years. My second wife was 10 years OLDER than me, and that lasted about a year and a half, although I hung on for dear life into the 10th year, because, kids. But end it did. My third wife was about the same age as me. That lasted for 6 years, the last 2 or so of which were horrifying, off for a year, and then back on for a further two years just to make sure. At the end of those two horrifying years, I was damned sure.

Grace is 7 years younger than me, and that seems to be the sweet spot for me. In all my previous marriages, I knew they were doomed within a year or so. This time around, nary a problem 9 years in (9 years the 16th of this month, 9 days from now), and I expect it will last until the end of me.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: Interesting topic for marriage with a woman - by Ninurta - 11-07-2021, 08:52 PM