Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What will the Millennials do,,,,,
(10-31-2021, 03:35 PM)Nomnomine Wrote: We've opted out of having children. Unless we have an accident. It's in the cards. We're just the crazy aunt and uncle with no responsibility who challenge the nieces and nephews to survive the worst parts of society and their worst fears. BTW, KIDS these days. Pull you head out of your flying scooter phones and think. My family luckily has money. I don't. Money only goes so far during hyperinflation and unrest. Let's hope that doesn't happen. Thank God I finally own land now. All paid off.

Nieces and nephews count! I've ruined untold nieces and nephews - one of them is homesteading in Alaska of all places now. That wouldn't have been my first choice of survival locations, but I ain't him. Part of "passing on the knowledge" is teaching them how to think for themselves, and make their own decisions, even if those decisions are not the ones you would make. That's sort of the essence of "independent thought", now ain't it?  Even if you don't pass on the genes, pass on the knowledge!

Money has very limited value, but know-how does not. One of the things that made me who I am today was the Great Depression, and I didn't live through it - but my dad did, and passed those lessons on. Money can not be relied upon, because other folks control it, to their advantage, not ours.

Congrats on the land - you're ahead of the game. With that, and the know-how to use it, there really isn't much else you NEED - everything else is just a want. My son is in the same situation - has land, knows what to do with it. Last time I went to visit, he killed a deer while we were just walking and talking on his patch.

A wise man once told me that you are not truly rich until you possess something money cannot buy. Peace of mind is one of those things.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
What will the Millennials do,,,,, - by guohua - 10-29-2021, 08:17 PM
RE: What will the Millennials do,,,,, - by guohua - 10-30-2021, 12:40 AM
RE: What will the Millennials do,,,,, - by Kenzo - 10-30-2021, 03:36 PM
RE: What will the Millennials do,,,,, - by Kenzo - 10-30-2021, 05:44 PM
RE: What will the Millennials do,,,,, - by guohua - 10-30-2021, 07:41 PM
RE: What will the Millennials do,,,,, - by guohua - 10-31-2021, 02:28 AM
RE: What will the Millennials do,,,,, - by Ninurta - 10-31-2021, 06:27 PM
RE: What will the Millennials do,,,,, - by BIAD - 10-31-2021, 10:25 AM
RE: What will the Millennials do,,,,, - by guohua - 10-31-2021, 05:01 PM