Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Strange and bizarre dreams after getting covid vaccine
(09-30-2021, 04:11 AM)ChiefD Wrote: Hi everyone. I originally posted the below in ATS under dreams and predictions. I wasn’t sure where to post it here, but thought some might be interested.

Back in March and April 2021, I had the two covid shot series from Pfizer. I had no side effects, at least not physical ones that I noticed. However, I have been having some really off the wall weird dreams, some recurring since the first shot. I’ve had dreams before, but never like this. I have had a series of recurring dreams that I have moved out of state and am a different person, like different name, marital status, etc. These dreams are very vivid, and in some, I realize I’m dreaming and explore where I am out of curiosity. Lucid dreams were quite rare for me before the vaccine, but since then, I’ve had many more lucid dreams.  

In other dreams, I’m in like an alternate reality or universe where things in the dreams, including the landscape, houses, businesses and even sports teams are things I created at the beginning of the dream, and then build on from that. Really strange, never experienced anything like this before. Now I have some pretty bad insomnia so it takes me forever to get to sleep, but once I do, it’s like science fiction on steroids. Things have changed for many, including myself, since the pandemic started. My husband had a stroke and wound up permanently in a nursing home, hence the insomnia. But the weird dreams really started after the first dose of the Pfizer vaccine for me. They aren’t bad or anything, just weird and unsettled.  

Has anyone else who has had a covid vaccine had this going on? Maybe I’m the only one. No, I think there are others. Let me know your experiences and we can compare notes. Please don’t turn this into a vax debate. Just let me know your experiences. 

G'day Chief.  I'm not vaxxed yet but the reason I'm replying to you is you are possibly the first person I know that these dreams you have are similar to what I've been experiencing for years.  Nearly every night.  

The journey through these dreams I have are all too familiar as are the demographics.  I did mention it here in a thread some time ago.  Nothing really frightening.  It's like I'm in another place and time but similar scenarios.  Some are vivid and others I wake up suddenly.

I don't do drugs and have no prescribed medicines.  I do like a drink but don't get fall down drunk.  

Whether I tune my brain to dream like this may have something to do with me saying to myself before hitting the sack 'where am I going or what will happen tonight."  Sure enough I'm in that other land sometimes in uniform whether navigating in the outback or working in a city building that seems endless in it's size.

While dreaming this I have lots of interaction with people most who seem to know me and visa versa.  Occasionally I get lost and have to find my way back.  This is about when that I wake up.  Sit up in bed and digest and I can go back to sleep and it starts again.  I confide in my wife at times saying 'you'll never guess where I went again.'

So I somewhat enjoy these dreams.  Makes a difference from my reality.  To put it further out there I ponder whether someone is dreaming my life's experience.

My regards to you,

Bally:)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Strange and bizarre dreams after getting covid vaccine - by Bally002 - 09-30-2021, 02:19 PM