Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
7 to 8 foot tall with a double row of teeth ?
I recall stories of 8 to 8 1/2 foot tall giants with double rows of teeth found in Ohio, West Virginia (Moundsville was one location) and western Pennsylvania.

While it's true that they believe Denisovans came from Hedelbergensis, they also believe the Neanderthals came from Heidelbergensis, and Modern humans from either Heidelbergensis or their immediate ancestors.

The Shawnee had legends of giants with red hair in Kentucky, but I never heard how many teeth they had. The Shawnee called them "Azgens", and claim to have eradicated them.

I've read just about everything that John Smith and Strachey wrote from the colonization of Virginia, and am familiar with all 4 of the accounts of the de Soto expedition, but don't recall anything about giants as the first speaker claimed. I'll have to dig deeper.
Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: 7 to 8 foot tall with a double row of teeth ? - by Ninurta - 08-10-2021, 10:30 AM