Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Anybody Else Going on Vacation this Year?
(08-09-2021, 03:54 AM)Schmoe1 Wrote: ...How about my fellow rogues, have any of you made it to the shore this summer or are planning to?

Being not one for leaving my garden, we did take a journey to Alnmouth in Northumberland, an area of northern England.
With my socks in my pocket and my trouser-legs rolled-up, I wandered in the shallows of where the North Sea meets the
estuary of the river Aln.

It was just for a day, but my wife and I enjoyed the quiet morning watching the patrons of the oldest golf course in England
(that snippet is for 727Sky!), the many types of waders going going about their foraging in the wet sand and the occasional
would-be surfer trying to catch the odd wave that was often nothing more than an oversized ripple.

We then travelled down to where my wife grew up in a little coastal town of Seaburn.
There, I had my first pint of beer in two years and whilst being watched by greedy seagulls, tucked into an early evening meal
of fish n' chips!

And that's it. That is how much this flu-crap has impacted on my life. Funnily enough, one of the sights that caught my eye
-a sight that well-represented the silliness splashed around by the dying media, was of a man and his daughter entering a
quaint cafe.

On a traffic-busy narrow Alnmouth street and with passers-by jostling to stay on a pavement designed for a long-ago quiet village,
this father donned his face-mask and entered the coffee-shop. His twelve year-old daughter did not copy her dad.

The reason...? The girl had Down-Syndrome and so was eligible not to wear one because of our dumb-assed fixation with
pearl-clutching towards those we deem as 'vulnerable'. In a room full of scared mouth-covered people, she was the normal
one and I couldn't help but clench my fist and whisper "that's my-girl!"

It was just a day, but a good one.
minusculethumbsup
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Anybody Else Going on Vacation this Year? - by BIAD - 08-09-2021, 09:14 AM