Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Anybody Else Going on Vacation this Year?
(08-09-2021, 04:31 AM)Ninurta Wrote: Not me.

I used to live on the coast of Virginia, and in 5 years there, I went to the beach exactly 4 times in 5 years, and I lived right next to it. I reckon I'm not a beach kinda guy.

The last 20 years I worked, I didn't take vacation at all. Mostly  for the first 14 years of that, it was so that someone was left to man the parapets while other folks could take their vacations, but in reality there was just nowhere I wanted to see that I hadn't already seen.

Now every day is a vacation. Nothing to do and all day long to do it. Makes me develop hobbies so I have something to do.

It's not for everyone.  I have family who can't stand the beach and would much rather spend a vacation in the mountains.  One of the few advantages to being in Philly is there are the Poconos 2 hours north, and the beach 1 hour due east.

Last year we didn't go anywhere, so I had a good bit of vacation time from work left.  We work four 9-hour days and 4 hours on Friday to get 40, unless there's overtime available.  With covid last year, we were slow, so I used all my vacation towards Fridays, and had a 3 day weekend every week for months.
[Image: Green%20Banner.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Anybody Else Going on Vacation this Year? - by Schmoe1 - 08-09-2021, 05:03 AM