Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Oe might reconsider the vaccine...
Getting, or not getting, the shot is a personal decision that everyone must make for themselves after a cost-benefit analysis for their own situation.

If the jab is itself a culling mechanism, a time bomb set to cull the undesirables, then I'm not going to get it. If, on the other hand, it's designed to leave the undesirables alive, and cull the more freedom loving types, I'm still not going to get it.

I'm getting long in the tooth. I can't run, jump, and play like I used to. I am utterly and completely unwilling to live in a world I fought so long and so hard to prevent. So if it's designed to spare the drones and spoil the dissenters, I'm good with getting killed off for refusing it. I never planned on living forever anyhow. Either way, I can still walk into the kitchen without having all the metal cooking utensils fly at me and stick to me, until the time comes that I can't even walk into the kitchen any more out of sheer infirmity. When that time comes - and it will, it does for all of us - I'm good with flying them the bird, and just being a general, nonspecific irritation in their ass.

I like being that uneasy feeling they have when they wake up every morning.

None of my kids have taken it, either, nor have any of my grandkids. We will continue to be a pain in their ass until we breath our last, and my peculiar mix of genes are entirely eradicated from the gene pool. We will live free or die - that is the only two choices open to us, and has been since our ancestors first set foot on these shores centuries ago. I come from a long line of dissidents willing to pick up a rifle and be a pain in some governmental entity's ass. To do less and cave now would be a betrayal of all my forbears stood for, and I just can't go there. They may kill me off, but they can't make me shame my ancestors.

With that said, I can't fault anyone else for making an opposing choice, as that is their own choice to make. In most cases, the entire purpose of life is to simply continue living, and that will color many a decision at the subconscious, visceral level. The purpose of life is to survive, and I am aware that I am the exception to that general law of nature. My own 83 year old mother got the jab, even after having the covid. For her, it wasn't anywhere near as severe as it was for you - she had mild cold-like symptoms for about 3 days, and was then done with it. But, being 83, she recalls the day when she thought she could still trust the government, and so got the jab just because they said she should. Folks, including one of my own sisters, and one of my nephews, gave her a ration of shit for that decision. I didn't, because I realize the essence of freedom is allowing other folks to make their own decisions, and I am unwilling to stoop to the level of the Leftist gangs trying to shame folks into deciding the way they want them to. Her body, her health, her decision. Not mine.

Her husband also got the shot in solidarity with her, and got blood clots for his faith in the medics. He faults the vaccine for that, but what is done is done. All they can do is monitor him, and hope his heart is still strong enough in combination with his pacemaker to overcome the clotting.

If I am free enough to make my own decisions, it is beneath me to try to make others' decisions for them. Either we are all free, or none of us are. There is no such thing as "situational freedom", or "selective freedom" - either it always IS, in all things, or is never is, in anything.

So, in the end, it is a decision everyone must make for themselves, and not my place to berate or criticize, whichever decision they make. I don't live in their shoes.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: Oe might reconsider the vaccine... - by Ninurta - 08-02-2021, 05:47 PM
RE: Oe might reconsider the vaccine... - by BIAD - 08-02-2021, 06:50 PM
RE: Oe might reconsider the vaccine... - by kdog - 08-03-2021, 04:03 AM
RE: Oe might reconsider the vaccine... - by Kenzo - 08-03-2021, 06:51 AM