Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Continued TimeWarp..
(06-24-2021, 05:00 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: Speaking of time warps...  

I've got one... sort of.

There's an indoor sports League I was 'Honourable Secretary' for and it's called 5's & 3's Dominoes.
Basically speaking, a player can score points by playing a domino on either end of a line that when added
together with the other end of that line, is divisible by 5 or 3.
(One end has a six and the other end is a three, the player receives three points -as three goes into nine
three times.)

Anyway, I was in a game of 'Pairs' with a partner in a competition. If the opponent before me would lay a
certain domino, the double-five domino in my hand would be played and knowing what had already been
played, my partner and I would win and go on into the final.

The opponent played the correct domino and I was relieved, we were guaranteed a victory.

So I looked at the set of dominoes in my hand and the double-five wasn't there! I checked each individual
tile in my hands and it wasn't there. So I played another five and this changed the way the game was played
out, alas our opponents won.

As we're all chatting about our concerns later, my partner gazed around the turned-up dominoes on the
board and then offered me a look of puzzlement. He knew which one I should've played.
I told everyone at the table that I knew which domino I should have played, but it just wasn't in my hand
when I wanted to play it!

I swear, I had the correct amount of dominoes for that stage of the game and yet the double-five domino
had changed into a different one and then changed back!
tinyhuh
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 

Messages In This Thread
Continued TimeWarp.. - by PLOTUS - 06-24-2021, 01:47 PM
RE: Continued TimeWarp.. - by PLOTUS - 06-24-2021, 02:22 PM
RE: Continued TimeWarp.. - by hounddoghowlie - 06-24-2021, 02:29 PM
RE: Continued TimeWarp.. - by PLOTUS - 06-24-2021, 02:47 PM
RE: Continued TimeWarp.. - by Mystic Wanderer - 06-24-2021, 05:00 PM
RE: Continued TimeWarp.. - by Ninurta - 06-24-2021, 08:28 PM
RE: Continued TimeWarp.. - by BIAD - 06-24-2021, 09:34 PM