Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
On the Flip Side of the Covid-19 Vaccine...
(06-17-2021, 03:27 PM)GeauxHomeLittleD Wrote: We were in close contact with majority vaccinated people for 10 days and a handful of unvaccinated as well. So far none of us have felt any signs of illness. There was much hugging, kissing, even sharing of food, drinks, etc. among all. No masks, no social distancing.

If any of us unvaxxed become ill or have strange symptoms I will report back, but so far so good.

We gave up social distancing after around the first 45 days. About the time we realized the curve had no intention of being flattened, and an agenda was in play.

DeSantis signed a bill on May 3rd that suspended local COVID emergency orders. The bill does not officially go into effect until July 1st, but a lot of people ditched their masks right away. One of the local churches made mask optional the first Sunday in June, and most folk around here, in the rural areas, have gone back to normal.

We are about 50/50 as far as the vaccinations go. Masks. No masks. Vaccines. No vaccines. The numbers will change depending on the zip code. I have not seen or heard of any blow back in either direction and no increases in illness or death has been reported.

It really feels like normal in my community. So much so, that seeing someone wearing a mask, when no one else is wearing one, seems a little off. Unless you are in the part of town where they are still wearing masks, then you are the one that is the odd person out. I was there earlier this week and I felt uncomfortable for quite a while. Until I realized that no one acted as if they noticed, and seemed not to care.

I think it is time to put it all behind us. The quicker we accept that whatever is going on with COVID, we really have not impacted it, as much as it has impacted us, and only because we let it. Time to let COVID retire. There will be enough other triggering and divisive issues on the menu to pick from. They will always provide something to keep us engaged, angry, and divided, if for nothing else, but for entertainment.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

Messages In This Thread
RE: On the Flip Side of the Covid-19 Vaccine... - by NightskyeB4Dawn - 06-17-2021, 05:17 PM