Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
It’s Donald Trump’s Party
(06-09-2021, 06:45 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: Saying and distributing mean things about the children or wives of politicians, is petty, childish, and serves no purpose. How we have destroyed the respect of the office, is one of the reasons, it is so hard to get anyone that has a halfway possibility of pulling us out of this mess. No one truly worthy of the position is going to put their family or themselves through four to eight years of partisan BS.

It's a longstanding axiom that those best suited to leadership want no part of it. The only people drawn to power are those who seek to abuse it.

I did not like Trump as a person, but cannot argue with what he accomplished as a leader. Some of the comments he was prone to make left me shaking my head, but the more distance I get from them, the more I begin to think there was a method in the madness, that they were probably being used as a distraction and diversionary tactic.

BidenHarris, so far, has the stupid comment methodology down pat, but I've not seen any positive action to justify them, and we are on a fast downhill slide. The US is gonna die if we don't course correct, and that mighty soon. I too used to have respect for the Office of President, but that ended when I watched with my own eyes how easily it was stolen and perverted - and there are, miraculously, still folks out there who appear to believe the last election was legit, in spite of all the evidence to the contrary. Either they didn't see what I watched with my own eyes on election night, or they are willfully ignoring it.

I reckon it's OK in the grand scheme of things. Nations are like people in a way. None of us live forever.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
It’s Donald Trump’s Party - by guohua - 06-08-2021, 07:40 PM
RE: It’s Donald Trump’s Party - by Ninurta - 06-09-2021, 01:39 AM
RE: It’s Donald Trump’s Party - by ABNARTY - 06-09-2021, 02:32 AM
RE: It’s Donald Trump’s Party - by guohua - 06-09-2021, 05:42 PM
RE: It’s Donald Trump’s Party - by Ninurta - 06-09-2021, 09:42 PM
RE: It’s Donald Trump’s Party - by 727Sky - 06-09-2021, 09:45 PM
RE: It’s Donald Trump’s Party - by 727Sky - 06-09-2021, 10:02 PM
RE: It’s Donald Trump’s Party - by Ninurta - 06-09-2021, 11:04 PM
RE: It’s Donald Trump’s Party - by guohua - 06-09-2021, 10:41 PM