Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Hundreds of people in 18 countries arrested
(06-10-2021, 01:14 PM)727Sky Wrote: Just one way how the reverse Opium wars are conducted all over the world..

Yes, that would be the Triad (Mafia) in China actually the Largest and most Brutal Organized Crime Syndicate in the World. 
Triad societies originated in 17th century China when the Hung Mun came together in an attempt to overthrow the Qing dynasty in an unsuccessful bid to restore the Ming dynasty.

Once controlled by 12 Families, the Triad is made up of many Crime Syndicate Families today I think, but I know when I left the MSS there was around 1.5 million in the 2000's. New members are often recruited among the 120-million-strong migrant workers known as the Floating Population.
[Image: 20080310-triads_big.jpg]
The Triad symbol
I had to remember the facts about the release of Hong Kong to China.
I could not remember all the details so I found this article for you.
This may Help YOU to understand just how Large and Dangerous and Disruptive the Triad is and how the CCP needed the Triads Help and Assurances.

Quote:Triads and Communists
 Many leaders in China, Hong Kong and Taiwan are believed to have met with representatives of the Triads and received some help from them. Referring to the Triads, Deng Xiaoping once said, "there are many good guys among them. "Before the handover, Beijing officials reportedly met with the Triad heads and said they wanted a "peaceful transition."

Triad leaders met with Communist officials before the singing of the 1984 Hong Kong handover agreement.
In return for assisting the Communist in a smooth transition, the Triad leaders were told that Communism would turn a blind eye to its illegal activities.
Beijing especially wanted the support of the powerful Sun Yee On gang traditionally had ties with the nationalist in Taiwan

The Triads also played a crucial rile in Operation Yellowbird, a network that help smuggle pro-democracy dissidents out of China after Tiananmen Square in 1989.
No is sure whether the Triads were involved in the operation simply for the money or out of concern for the pro-democracy movement.
Link
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hundreds of people in 18 countries arrested - by guohua - 06-10-2021, 06:29 PM