Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I am really glad I am not there to watch the insanity
(05-12-2021, 09:42 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: We can't blame a society, or a government, for stealing from us what we handed over freely. I know how hard it is to stand by your convictions when you believe you are doing what is right, when everyone else is going along with the wrong and lamenting it.

I have paid dearly for my stubbornness, and for my unwillingness to go along to get along, and it looks like that is not about to end anytime soon.

I understand that. I'm taking a lot of crap currently for stubbornly sticking to my guns. In VA, the Republican Party has unwisely chosen a RINO to run for the gubernatorial seat. There was ONE candidate who embodied actual Republican philosophies, so the RPV rigged a convention to insure she would not make it to the ballot. She still came in third. I made my dissatisfaction known about Republicans sinking to a Democrat vote-rigging level, and took heat. Then they started saying to me "well, our man won the ballot slot, so we all need to come together and vote for him, even if we gotta hold our noses to do so, to prevent a Democrat takeover by splitting our votes". Really?

That didn't sit well with me. There are, apparently, a few things they have not noticed. 1) VA is already IN a Democrat takeover. I dunno how in the hell they missed that. 2) I will NEVER vote for a candidate that I have to hold my nose to pull the lever for, because the lesser evil is STILL an evil. 3) I am not a herd critter, and have never, in my life, just gone along with the program to get along. I don't care if I get along with them or not. As old a I am, some of them should have noticed that by now. And 4) there is no substantial difference between "letting a Leftist win" and actually voting for one just because he has an "R" beside his lyin' name. The end result is the same.

So, I have started a "write-in Amanda Chase for Governor" campaign, and they are cross with me about that, and making their displeasure known. Like I give a shit whether they are displeased or not. I walked away from the Republican party for years and years, because of the slide way to the Left that it underwent when the RINO Neocons did their hostile takeover of it in the 1990's. I'm not above re-registering as an Independent again, and leaving their asses in the dust for good. If they want me to vote for their candidate, then they'll choose one that I can vote for with a clear conscience, not one that embodies and promotes the philosophy of the opposition party.

Right is right, and wrong is wrong, and one has to stand in the gap, against the tide if necessary, when wrong tries to masquerade as right. No amount of herd mentality will ever make wrong right. The road to Hell is littered with the bodies of the Herd.

BTW, so far the "I'm gonna write her in" campaign is going great!

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: I am really glad I am not there to watch the insanity - by drussell41 - 05-12-2021, 10:43 AM
RE: I am really glad I am not there to watch the insanity - by Ninurta - 05-12-2021, 10:12 PM