Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I am really glad I am not there to watch the insanity
(05-12-2021, 08:00 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: I don't have a rifle, and I don't smoke a pipe, just a rocking chair, and just watching.

Yeah, but as I recall, you are one of the ones who rocks rather carelessly dressed, and I think that counts just as much! We all do our part for world-wide Curmudgeonry!

I firmly believe that a lot of this madness would stop being done to folks if they would simply refuse to allow it to be done to them, and in cases like this it would not be done to them if they did not do it to themselves. Sure, a major pipeline got cyber-punked, but that pipe only carries something slightly less than half of the fuel for the southeast and east coast, and is sure to be rapidly repaired. Folks are doing this to themselves though panic buying and hoarding fuel they aren't going to actually need.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: I am really glad I am not there to watch the insanity - by drussell41 - 05-12-2021, 10:43 AM
RE: I am really glad I am not there to watch the insanity - by Ninurta - 05-12-2021, 09:28 PM