Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I am really glad I am not there to watch the insanity
(05-12-2021, 12:25 PM)BIAD Wrote: A fine example of how the news is manipulated.

Is Tucker or The New York Times lying about queues at the gas-pumps?
He showed the headline denying the price increases and queues from the Times and now (12th May)
The Times says:

Quote:Gas Pipeline Hack Leads to Panic Buying in the Southeast
The national average for a gallon of regular gasoline rose 2 cents on Tuesday, and some airlines
began to take small measures in response to the shutdown...

[Image: attachment.php?aid=9360]
NYT:

I don't know about the nationwide increase, but it increased a bit over 30 cents a gallon here yesterday.

There is panic buying going on - the same thing that brought us the Great Toilet Paper Shortage of 2020. This image was alleged to have been captured at a pump here yesterday:

[Image: attachment.php?aid=9361]

Dumbasses are running around like Chicken Little, doing all manner of unseemly shit. Meanwhile, I just sit on my veranda, rifle across my lap, rocking, smoking a pipe, and watching the world go by.

And waiting to see if any of that unseemly shit manages to find it's way up this holler.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: I am really glad I am not there to watch the insanity - by drussell41 - 05-12-2021, 10:43 AM
RE: I am really glad I am not there to watch the insanity - by Ninurta - 05-12-2021, 01:06 PM