Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Supportive foreigner's opinion about the current state of USA
(02-09-2021, 04:42 PM)GeauxHomeLittleD Wrote: The only way to beat them is to refuse to play the game. Don't watch television except for the weather report. If you can't avoid social media "snooze" everyone getting overly emotional about politics. Remember that it is only four years and those years will pass oh so quickly. Think with your brain rather than allowing your emotions to be played upon. If they can't twist your emotions they can't play you.

Forgot where I was going with all that. Oh well, have a great day!

Don't watch television? I unplugged my TV in May 2019, with the intention to plug it back in May 2020 for Ice hockey world championships again, but a fucking flu cancelled the whole event. I am hoping i can plug it in to watch hockey this year. I can't stand commercials at all. A movie is too long. A TV show episode is good length, but then i would have to watch the whole season. TV dictates shit. We have, i think 18 free channels and they all suck, except sometimes National Geographic is interesting. There are a whole lot more internet sites than 18. Fuck television. It is a tool of complete mind-control. And during social events, let's say there is me and 3 friends. TV is on. And others are glued to the screen and i don't give a rat's ass about what is going on in TV. To be honest, those situations make me uncomfortable and a bit scared.

"Think with your brain rather than allowing your emotions to be played upon" That advice is pure gold. I can't achieve that. However, I don't think that external sources play with my emotions, the player is within me. I go 100% by heart, and rationality and logic are really weak areas for me.

You too have a great day, and thanks for the reply! minusculegoodjob
"Man is fully responsible for his nature and his choices."

-Jean-Paul Sartre

Messages In This Thread
RE: Supportive foreigner's opinion about the current state of USA - by Finspiracy - 02-10-2021, 03:33 AM