Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Supportive foreigner's opinion about the current state of USA
Perhaps some of the doom and gloom talk is just venting. Part of it is frustration. How does one individual do anything about China's influence in DC?

As an American I feel those things deeply. Not only at the national level but locally too. Part of it is natural. You don't always get the outcome you want when you are part of a group. However, witnessing corruption is quite another thing. 

Some of this is human nature too. Most people simply do not contribute to the tribe. They ride the wave, stay out of trouble, and believe they are doing their part. IMHO, I think they know they have nothing to offer but deflect by criticizing others efforts. If the direction of the country changed tomorrow, they would be on that bus too running their mouth and offering nothing in return. 

This can be a good thing. If we apply the 100th Monkey Theory, good things can come about quickly. The fact the USA still has freedoms (and problems) after 200+ years of difficulties says something about the nature of the beast. It is solid. Yes, it needs maintenance like anything and we are one of those points in time. 

Not being from the US, please understand, the garbage you see in the media is not coast to coast. 95% of it comes from a few urban enclaves. DC, NYC, Chicago, LA, etc. That is where is nonsense propagates. Out in the middle of the country where people still have to work and know their neighbors, things are a lot more stable and in keeping with the Founders' vision. 

Just my 2 cents.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Supportive foreigner's opinion about the current state of USA - by ABNARTY - 02-08-2021, 04:30 PM