Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Roswell & The Marcel's Won't Let Go.
In one of the early UFO books (when they were thought of as 'interplanetary'), Donald Keyhoe mentioned something interesting.

This was written in 1948 or so.

As someone who was tracking the UFO situation nationally (for one of the original UFO societies IIRC), his book mentioned all kinds of cases, and includes a lot of detail about early cases that has fallen by the wayside with time.

But something that caught my eye: NO mention of a Roswell incident, BUT mention of a con man they ran down in Colorado who claimed a UFO had crashed there and he had recovered pieces of it.

The Colorado claim turned out to be hot air.  But after I read that, I wondered if somehow the tales of that claim didn't later get moved to New Mexico and attached to the press report given by the Army Air Force regarding whatever it was they recovered at Roswell.

If Keyhoe had mentioned Roswell at all, I would not have wondered that.  But apart from that one Army Air Force press release, I don't think much about Roswell was thought about or discussed until what, the late 1970s?

I also think one of the huge weaknesses of 'ufology' is the lack of standards for database organization of sightings and encounters.  It seems the incidents are all taken individually without reference to the larger situation.  Case in point: Everyone has heard of the Hopkinsville Goblins, right?  Well, all of ONE DAY later, there was another weird sighting of entities in California, on more or less the same latitude.  But that those two incidents occurred so closely to one another is almost never mentioned because the focus always bores in on single events.

Cheers
[Image: 14sigsepia.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
Roswell & The Marcel's Won't Let Go. - by BIAD - 12-11-2020, 10:15 PM
RE: Roswell & The Marcel's Won't Let Go. - by drussell41 - 05-16-2021, 02:19 PM
RE: Roswell & The Marcel's Won't Let Go. - by F2d5thCav - 05-16-2021, 04:45 PM