Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
No Privacy, No Property: The World in 2030 According to the WEF
I think their timetable is a bit optimistic. There are around 7 1/2 billion, with a "b", people in the world currently, the vast majority of whom have "stuff". 2030 is only 10 years away. I cannot see 7,500,000,000 people suddenly and en masse say "I hate my 'stuff' suddenly. I don't want it any more... I know! I'll give it to the State and the oligarchs, 'cause they've done such a swell job of looking out for me so far! They truly deserve to own everything I worked for!" Maybe a few would fall for that, mostly of the variety who don't have any "stuff" they actually worked for, but not  the entire population of Earth... 'cause quite a few of us worked for our "stuff".

And if the oligarchs and plutocrats try to no so gently "nudge" us in that direction, I recommend getting in on the ground floor of the burgeoning New And Improved Barter Black Market and Smuggling Trade. There's job opportunities there outside the communist grid. Always have been when and where totalitarianism reigns, always will be, because people are people... and people like their "stuff".

I would hazard a guess that another in-demand and highly sought after skill would be that of assassin... 'cause assassins make bank under totalitarianism... but that job market is small and highly competitive, so caveat emptor!

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: No Privacy, No Property: The World in 2030 According to the WEF - by Ninurta - 12-10-2020, 10:49 PM