Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[France] It's Super-Soldier Time, Folks!
(12-10-2020, 06:14 PM)F2d5thCav Wrote: This kind of discussion could be made for any country; the question of their reliability as an ally hinges upon many things besides the competence of their armed forces.

Cheers

That makes sense. I would say that even the US has become a fickle ally given the political developments here over the past couple of decades, and the fact that every 4 years we run the risk of swinging the pendulum entirely to the other end of the swing, and that swing is getting ever wider with each passing year - the distance between "right" and "left" is growing broader with each passing day, so it's a toss-up every 4 years as to whom is going to hold the reins of power here. There is always the risk that top-down doctrine and foreign policy may turn 180 degrees at those times. That has implications for every nation bold - or foolish - enough to ally with us.

I still think NATO should be dissolved and the UN should be booted out of New York - if for no other reason, then for their own good and stability. The American Federal Empire is in decline, just as other empires have fallen before, going all the way back to the very first ones. They all have a shelf life, and it appears we have reached the end of ours, mostly due to internal subversion, with a smattering of external barbarian assaults. All of the signs of the decline of Rome are present in the current US. I wouldn't recommend any country to ally with us at this current, unstable, stage.

The EU would be better off without us, and they could form their own alliance among member states and redirect the former NATO resources towards that. I think it would be prudent to maintain the ANZUS treaty give current geopolitical realities, but the other members of even that run the risk of a fickle US letting them down and giving a big ol' brotherly hug to China instead.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: [France] It's Super-Soldier Time, Folks! - by Wallfire - 12-10-2020, 01:20 PM
RE: [France] It's Super-Soldier Time, Folks! - by Ninurta - 12-10-2020, 06:35 PM