Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Fort Bragg Is In The News Again.
Fort Bragg is a huge base. As I recall, it's about 37 miles long east-west, and around 18 miles north-south, including the Camp Mackall subdivision of Bragg on the western end where Special Forces has a base. That's where "Smoke Bomb Hill" is located. The last time I was there was in the fall of 2009, when I went to apply on a contract to assist in SF training.

As I recall, it takes around 8 USGS topographic maps to cover the entire base, That's a lot of area, and a lot of woods to stash bodies in. I made some tactical maps for a friend who was involved in some military police training there, which is why I know that.

The Pinehurst mentioned in the article is a town to the east of Bragg. All I know about Pinehurst is that there is a rehab center there, where another guy I knew in NC had to go to every few months to dry out from opiates, to avoid incarceration.

I had some friends in the 82nd Airborne, but whenever I went to Bragg I stayed to the west end, around Camp Mackall, The rest is too big, too many places to get in trouble there. The Special Forces practical training didn't take place on base for the most part. it took place north of the base, in the area surrounding a small town named Troy. Base training for SF was classroom and jump school.

There is at times friction between the soldiers and some of the "townies" there, in Fayetteville. That is another potential avenue of inquiry in the deaths, in addition to "higher ups" who may be a bit large for the pants they wear.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
Fort Bragg Is In The News Again. - by BIAD - 12-05-2020, 01:31 PM
RE: Fort Bragg Is In The News Again. - by Ninurta - 12-05-2020, 08:48 PM
RE: Fort Bragg Is In The News Again. - by ABNARTY - 12-06-2020, 04:20 AM