Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Some will not forget
(11-19-2020, 12:23 AM)727Sky Wrote: Here is my little bitty small issue with the whole, let us all be a “United States” again, From Joe Biden.

For the last 4+ years, the Democrats have gone scorched earth.
You have salted the fields and now you want to grow crops. 
The problem is we have memories longer than a hamster...

I find it ironic that due to the technological creation of the social media, the recent generations have
been lured away from the legacy media and ergo, lost have the ability to realise that present-day
politics are no different from governmental machinations of the past.

It's like they are trapped in 'nowism' and the latest outcry is the only paradigm they have to deal with.
They have accustomed themselves to the idea that nothing existed before they were born!

I presume this is an outcome of the internet feeding the narcissistic need for every individual's voice
to be the most important and anyone who opposes a favoured opinion finds themselves facing the words
'hate' and 'cancel'.

But this current internet will eventually change and an alternative will have to be sort. Hopefully, the past
will be aligned with anything contemporary for the young to be able to evaluate the larger picture.
Only then will words like 'hate' will be seen as over-the-top.

However, such negativity nourishes social-media businesses and so, the hypnosis will continue.
tinysure

I can offer one clue to the online youngsters that might assist in finding themselves back to a reasonable
type of reality. If a mainstream or internet news-outlet frames an article with the headline in the form of
a question... a reader or viewer must realise that:

The article doesn't have the answer -if the headline is to believed; and since this kind of information
-display is based on a 'transmit-by-sender-and-receive-by-customer' mechanism, why ask a question
that one's audience cannot answer?!!

It's hyperbolic entertainment and the headline is there to release the writer from any accountability.
tinywondering
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 

Messages In This Thread
Some will not forget - by 727Sky - 11-19-2020, 12:23 AM
RE: Some will not forget - by Ninurta - 11-19-2020, 12:44 AM
RE: Some will not forget - by Minstrel - 11-19-2020, 09:17 AM
RE: Some will not forget - by Wallfire - 11-19-2020, 10:20 AM
RE: Some will not forget - by Ninurta - 11-19-2020, 06:28 PM
RE: Some will not forget - by BIAD - 11-19-2020, 11:17 AM
RE: Some will not forget - by F2d5thCav - 11-19-2020, 02:56 PM
RE: Some will not forget - by BIAD - 11-19-2020, 04:02 PM
RE: Some will not forget - by PLOTUS - 11-19-2020, 08:41 PM