Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What Is The Internet Doing To Boomers’ Brains?
TL:DR

Just the title and subtitle need mentioning.

Quote:What Is The Internet Doing To Boomers’ Brains?
Social media platforms are sucking a generation into a misinformation rabbit hole.

I've been on the internet since its very beginning, with Sympatico, a server that is so outdated now that no one uses it.

At first, it was a wonder. And it still is, if someone likes to research and look around. The internet has opened up frontiers around the globe. The internet has everything one needs to find. Good and bad.

But most will prefer the apps, FB, Twitter, Instagram, Tik Tok, name it. Those should be for entertainment purposes but they've turned into massive habits tracking apps and people worship them just the same.

Misinformation rabbit hole? I don't need the internet for that. Just listening to the daily news on TV does that job for me.

The internet is a fantastic tool and we are fortunate to live in those times we live in, because of it.

Misuse of the internet is the problem. Not the internet itself. Electricity is a wonderful thing but it can kill ya. Same thing.

JMO.
~ Today is the youngest you'll ever be again ~

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Is The Internet Doing To Boomers’ Brains? - by Wallfire - 10-31-2020, 08:42 AM
RE: What Is The Internet Doing To Boomers’ Brains? - by Wallfire - 10-31-2020, 09:18 AM
RE: What Is The Internet Doing To Boomers’ Brains? - by Wallfire - 10-31-2020, 11:23 AM
RE: What Is The Internet Doing To Boomers’ Brains? - by Sol - 10-31-2020, 01:02 PM